Statement Of Faithadmin
Statement Of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, the product of holy men who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. We accept it as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine.
- We believe in one God, manifested in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the likeness and the image of God, but that through Adam's transgression and fall, sin entered the world and therefore man must be redeemed and restored back to God through the work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, our Savior, that the new birth is necessary to all men and, when fulfilled, produces eternal life.
- We believe that baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only. Baptism is an outward symbol of the Christian's identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. The following recommendation regarding the water baptism formula is adopted: On the confession of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, I baptize you, in the name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.
- We believe that the baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to those who are believers and is received subsequent to the new birth and that this experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance.
- We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of Salvation.
- We believe in divine healing for the physical ills of the human body, that it is provided for in the atonement of Christ, is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith and by the laying on of hands, and that is the privilege of every believer.
- We believe in the imminent return of our Lord, in the resurrection of the just at His return, in the rising of the saints to meet Him in the Rapture of the Church and in His eventual return to earth to rule as King of kings and Lord of lords.